Friday, June 5, 2009

Act Today

Recently, I went to a hospital for eye check up. My dad accompanied me to the hospital. I always had the intention of pledging my eyes at an eye bank.

Unfortunately I was not aware of the procedures required for it. It was a lucky day for me. The hospital to which I went had an eye bank belonging to rotary club. Though my mind was silently insisting on pledging my eyes to the bank, I had a small fear whether my dad would allow for it.
But the fear was suppressed by my long desire and I told my dad about my wish of pledging eyes. He didn’t speak anything. But he responded with a smile which appeared blurred to my eyes (because of the eye test). I inferred that he said ok.

I was on cloud nine at that moment. Immediately I went to the eye bank and asked for the formalities to pledge my eyes. The formalities were very little. They asked me for personal details and a signature from parent/guardian. With great happiness and joy I took the form to my dad and got it signed.

I was given a small identity card as a proof of pledging my eyes. That day was one of the most fulfilling days in my life.

The happiness and fulfillment which we experience on doing something good can never be expressed in words.

“Act today to make a person see the world”

5 comments:

  1. "Light up a life, donate your eyes" - Thanks Sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. IRUKUM VARAI RATHA DHAANAM
    IRANDHA PIRAGU KANN DHAANAM

    UR GREAT

    ReplyDelete
  3. great elam ila pa.. it is our responsibility

    ReplyDelete
  4. irundha pragun ne parka venduma ?
    un kangalai danam sei!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. really nice yar mohana i really like that,u swiched off other person's pc. and the pantry incident.please keep on writing the blog i am your fan i ll really expect more pc incidents.

    ReplyDelete