Today, as usual myself and chethu were at the conference room and were preparing (only 10% of the time) using the common systems given to us.. I found that the system performance was very slow.. I raised the issue to our service desk using the portal.
Around half an hour later, the system which i was using was connected to the service desk associate through remote access and he was fixing the problem.
To my suprise, out of 20 GB space available in drive C, only 200 MB was left free. He deleted all the old files in the system and made many changes in the settings of Internet Explorer. Finally, he asked me to restart the system. A big Bow was waiting for me.
By mistake, I gave the option "shut down" instead of "restart". The system got shut down and i had to restart it manually. There was a CPU below the conference table(near me). I pressed the power button to on the system.
The person who was next to me (gave a reaction which we normally give when power goes off when we are working seriously on the system). I thought it was a system problem. He smiled at me and said, "i think you have turned off my system!!".
I apologised to him for the mistake(many many many times). Since, it was conference room and we had more than 6 systems on the same table, the CPUs were not placed in the usual way(near the monitor). Few CPUs were near the monitor, few were below the table and i was confused due to it.
By tracing the wires, we (myself and the associate) found the CPU of my system above the table near me!!
It was an embarrasing moment, but still i learnt not to do anything before i am sure of it:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ayyo ayyo ...... mohana akka pora edam ellam comedy dha ....!!!! edo seiya poi edo seivanga
ReplyDeleteellam pathatam thaan unaku
ReplyDeleteakka pathu nalaiku fan,light switch off pandranu poi system power ah off pannama irundha sari ..... just 4 fun chumma chumma lolaiku ka !!!!
ReplyDeletesuper ka.... angayum poi comedy panreenga....
ReplyDelete